Fallen Art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HMz1WKkso&feature=fvw
The Cathedral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8GyHvBogrI
Sebastian's Voodoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePWK0qfisE&feature=related
- Setting: Gloomy, stormy night, establishing shot of hut on a hill
- Slowly zoom in to lit window, noise and activity going on inside. (thumping and clanging)
- Pan around messy kitchen, dirty pots and pans, assorted utensils especially knives hanging off wall.
- Focus on Cleaver stuck in chopping board, grubby hand unsticks it violently.
- Hands furiously at work, chopping, dicing, smashing
- slowly reveal chef/butcher
- Thunder claps outside as storm starts to intensify, a animal bark draws focus to a adorable pet animal.
- Back shot of chef/butcher working furiously, pet animal running around his feet barking and yelping at the rain/thunderclaps/lightning flash
- Chef/butcher gets increasingly annoyed, with the chopping, thunder, and incessant noise of the pet animal.
- noise reaches cacophony, Chef/butcher snaps.
- POV pet animal, Big hands grabbing it
- pet animal wimpers and yelps as butcher/chef ties a sack up
- browses through his hanging utensils, lifts a heavy two handed club
- raises it up and smashes the sack. stunned silence
- reaches into the sack and tastes some red goo
- licks his lips in approval
- scoops some pieces and goo from the sack and pours a mountain of it into a pet feeding bowl
- pet animal perks up behind the mountain of food and digs in with gusto
- chef/butcher sighs in content and tickles his pet behind the ears
- sits down on a stool at a table and tucks in to a drumstick, bones and all.
- The End
Brings sack out onto railway track to get smashed.
Eats the pet after stuffing it full of food.
Comments on this version
Punchline revealed too fast if framing is not right
Too long drawn?
I want the audience to stereotype the butcher chef based on his environment and home. The image i have is an obese, grubby, creature
that will portray a self-centered and indulgent character that is probably violent and detested by society. The plot reveals that appearances
are not what it seems as he has a kind heart and love for his pet hence reversing the audience's labelling in the first 2 minutes at the end.